How much chocolate can a dog eat?

Easter is upon us which means many households and families will have extra chocolate stashed away or sitting about the house. For humans it may be a fun time of year, for our pets it could be a potentially life threatening situation…

Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine, which is poisonous to dogs. Use this handy chocolate toxicity calculator for dogs to work out whether your dog has eaten a potentially toxic amount. Please note symptoms typically occur between four and 24 hours after your dog has eaten chocolate, though assessment and treatment may be required immediately.



For more advice please call us 0266523455